Strava Feed

Friday 28 April 2017

Mustang Trail Race 2017 Day 12

Stage 6 was a 20k jaunt with over 1000 metres of climbing. 



The complication was we had a 5k uphill trek to the start at a cave monastery. We even had a tea stop on the way to the start.  I presume it is a way of giving some income to these remote villages. 




The stage started at 10.30 so we were in for a hot one. We started with a lovely 5k downhill through a river valley and saw huge vultures that are attracted by the local practice of sky burials. Rashila a Nepali 17 year old girl took a tumble in front pf me but was up and running  with no ill effects. Then the first climb started taking us over a plateau and then a big drop to a river crossing and the half way checkpoint. George, my running partner for the last few days, had a new lease of life and flew ahead not to be seen again. 



We then had a big steep and relentless climb to a pass. This seemed to go on forever with multiple false summits. I was going well and managed to keep Nick, Sven and a   Rashila behind me to the top. Sven overtook me on the decent but I was able to pass him again on the long 5k run into the village of Tangye

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.