Strava Feed

Sunday 22 June 2014

Running round the Brenig in the sun- 15k

With access to beautiful countryside and hills it seems sensible to make the  most of the great weather.  The aim of this run and all runs should have an aim was threefold:

  1. To run a distance over 10K so that I would fine 10K easier than last week when I faded at the end - again
  2. To do some hilly trail work in readiness for the Fairy Freckled Cow race round the Alwen 6 July 2014 in the hope that I will get under 50 minutes this time.
  3. To try out some equipment - a backpack with Camel-pac water carrier and the Garmin Vibe
So how did it go.  Well slower than I would have hoped but it was hot and I was recovering from a cold.  The trail was fine and showed that normal running shoes Asics Cumulus 13s work just fine.  The water carrier was great but using the Vibe when running is a challenge which I still need to solve.

Here is picture from the Vibe:


And this is a video clip taken with the Garmin Virb of the end of the run.  Quite cool integration of the Map and running data.  I had to hold the camera with my hand hence the instability:




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.