Strava Feed

Wednesday 25 June 2014

High Mileage and how to cope with it best

I average around 30-35 km  (18-21 Miles) a week and that seems to stop me from getting injured too often.  Injury seems to be the curse of all ageing runners and for me high mileage seems to cause it most.  However due to running three trails runs in three days with different members of the family I have discovered that it all depends on how fast you run and on what surface.  So having covered 35km in 3 days I am feeling fine - or I was until I did 400m reps last night. So the moral of the story for me is that if you are going to run high mileage do it slowly off road.  I am taking it easy now for a couple of days to let my muscles recover from the reps.


Here is a time lapse video taken when trotting round the Alwen with my daughter on Monday evening showing the route of the Fairy Freckled Cow Trail race.  The images were taken using an Autographer camera on my waist belt.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.